For local recycling company
Transportation and safety equipment will be provided. stop by @ 21 Norton Road Columbus, Ohio 43228 Between 8am and 3pm to complete the application process or at safestaffingohio.com
Sorter Laborers work as quality control line workers by hand sorting recyclable materials and trash from the recycling stream. Sorters are responsible to ensure unacceptable materials are removed from recycling so that recyclable materials are acceptable for sale to mills or brokers. Sorter Laborers may be exposed to unpleasant odors and sights and weather elements. The hours and physical demand may vary by location.
• Inspect materials and sort items or materials into designated areas according to type, size, condition, color, or paper grade.
• Perform cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area and surrounding area.
• Dump boxes and containers of material into designated area(s).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing. reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying and climbing).
• Self-starter, aggressive work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold, and fumes found in a shop environment.
• Exposure to residential and commercial waste and recycling.
• Exposure to equipment traffic.