Tending to the daily needs of the children and supervising an assigned team/individual.
• While working as a lead teacher in a classroom the primary responsibility of this role is to mentor staff assigned to their team.
• Ensure that the children are supervised at all times.
• Act as a liaison between the children and parents addressing problems and answering questions regarding the children.
• Create a stimulating environment for the child by conducting developmentally appropriate activities.
• Interact with and provide guidance and care to all children within the academy.
• Change diapers and/or assist children with their toilet needs while adhering to hand washing procedures.
• Demonstrate quality teaching by ensuring curriculum is followed, lesson plans are effectively used and child assessment tools measure class activity success.
• Greet each child and parent upon arrival at the academy.
• Develop strong relationships with families to enhance learning both inside and outside of the classroom.
• Encourage classroom participation and positive interaction with other children.
• Redirect undesirable behavior to promote positive socialization.
• Represent Brightside Academy in a highly professional manner at all times.
• Respond to children’s verbal and nonverbal indications of need and/or requests.
• Conduct oneself and represent Brightside Academy in a positive manner which includes showing respect for co-workers, parents and superiors.
• Understand the chain of command and accept criticism and suggestions as an opportunity to improve.
• Ensure appropriate set-up and shut-down of classroom on a daily basis.
• Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Act as a liaison between teachers and parents addressing problems and answering questions regarding all aspects of academy operations when the academy director, assistant academy director and/or office coordinator is not available.
• Other duties as assigned.
A successful Ohio lead teacher must be able to adequately perform each essential duty, and have the following education and experience:
• An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education or meet the qualifications of Career Pathways Level 3.
• For School-age Lead Teachers Only: An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Early Childhood Education or a related field or meet the qualifications of Career Pathways Level 2.
• Two years of experience working in an established early childhood education program.
Brightside Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(Copy & Open the above link in a new page to apply for this job)